South African dessert recipes: We have some proudly South African puddings and treats that are simply amazing.
We’ve put together some of our favorite recipes that we know and have loved growing up with.
South African dessert recipes: Do you agree with us? Please add your favorites into the comments box below!
- Milk tart – A beautiful creamy milk tart with a dusting of cinnamon is just amazing.
- Malva pudding – Rich buttery syrup laden cake. Try this recipe with the added Saffa ingredient, Amarula.
- Peppermint crisp fridge tart – This is an easy recipe that you simply have to have! Absolutely delicious.
- Koeksisters – Syrup soaked twists that are perfect with a hot cup of Rooibos tea.
- Guava ice cream – Lightly spiced South African ice cream – amazing!
- Coconut ice – Layers of pink and white coconut ice from your childhood.
- Lemon meringue pie – A base of buttery crushed Tennis Biscuits, a zesty lemon filling and a puffed meringue top.
- Marshmallows on the braai with Bar One sauce – The perfect end to a good old South African braai.
- Crunchies – These famous chocolate crunchies will take you straight to heaven.
- Soetkoekies – Spicy biscuits with almonds and Port.