- With Nigeria and Kenya being two of the most prominent markets for Tecno in Africa, the company has launched the Tecno Phantom 5 in Kenya. The Android Lollipop OS running phablet-sized device has already been launched in Nigeria.
- Commenting on the launch of the Tecno Phantom 5 in Kenya, Livingstone Migwi, General Manager TECNO Mobile Kenya said; “Tecno Mobile is committed to ensuring customer satisfaction and with the launch of Phantom 5 in Kenya today, we are setting a benchmark of what the public desires in an evolving mobile technology space and a
highly competitive market. We will continue providing world class quality products that deliver positive change in customers’ lives”.
- Running Android 5.1 Lollipop OS, the device sports a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) FHD IPS display, powered by an octa-core processor clocked at 1.5GHz, 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage space, a front facing 8MP camera with Flash, 13MP main camera with Dual LED flash and a non-removable 3000mAh Li-on battery.
- Others includes a fingerprint sensor on the back, a microSD slot, Dual SIM slots and Hi-Fi 2.0 coupled with Dolby Nature Surround Digital.
- Pricing for the Phantom 5 in Kenya starts at KsH 39,999 (around $379 or N76,000) from all Tecno stores and official Tecno distributors in the country in Black and Gold colour options.