South African Starter Recipes: Crayfish lobster Salad
South African Starter Recipes:
Crayfish tails tossed in a tangy sauce with honeydew melon and celery cubes on a bed of lettuce. This Crayfish salad is perfect for a light summer lunch or starter.
South African Starter Recipes Ingredients
- 8 – 3 ounce crayfish tails (Use rock lobster if in the USA)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 cup celery, cut into 1/2″ dice
- 1/2 cup honeydew melon, cut into 1/2″ dice
- lettuce, for presentation
- lemon wedgesHow to make South African Starter Recipes: Crayfish lobster Salad
Bring water to boil in a large stewpot. Add crayfish tails, salt, and lemon. Cover, bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit for 30 minutes. Drain and cool.
Cut around the edge of the underneath side of the shell and remove the meat. Cut into 1/2″ pieces. Place in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the curry powder, paprika, and ginger. Add the mayonnaise to the lobster, and add the celery and melon. Combine gently.
To serve, place lobster mixture on bed of lettuce, along with lemon wedges.