Egypt to launch tourism promotion campaign next Saturday.
- The Ministry of Tourism is preparing to launch a promotional campaign on Saturday, whereby the campaign will be launched overseas in the WTM exhibition in London during the first week of November.
- Minister of Tourism Hisham Zaazou told Daily News Egypt that the campaign will be launched in Egypt first, and then in the exhibition in London at the beginning of November.
- Zaazou said the campaign aims to increase inbound tourism traffic over the next three years, which is the period stipulated in the promotion campaign contract with JWT.
- Ministry of Tourism contracted with JWT for three years to promote Egyptian tourism, at a cost of $68m. Further, the Ministry of Tourism will invite the international media to cover the launching conference and make use of the international cinema figures visiting Egypt.
- Renowned Hollywood celebrity Morgan Freeman participated in the “This is Egypt” campaign at the beginning of this week.
- Zaazou said his ministry is implementing a short-term plan for a period of six months, starting from October until next March. He added that the first three months of the plan aim at increasing traffic to Egypt to 10 million tourists by the end of this year, and to achieve revenue of $8bn.
- During the first eight month of 2015, the total tourism revenue amounted to $4.6bn, indicating a 5% growth compared to the same period last year.
- According to Zaazou, the ministry aims to increase this year’s revenue to about $10bn.
- Economic Advisor to the Minister of Tourism Adla Ragab said about 3.5 million workers are employed by the tourism sector, of whom 1.8 million are directly employed.