TOP 10 INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT AFRICA
Interesting Facts About Africa
Africa Interesting Facts: Africa; a land filled with lots of surprises and wonders that cannot be summed up in a few facts yet will give you an idea about what makes it an interesting continent to visit. Check out the top 10 interesting facts about Africa that will make you want to visit this place even more.
- If you are a sports person this might interest you that South Africa was the first African country that hosted the FIFA World cup In 2010 and the only second country to host cricket, soccer world cups and rugby after England.
- Want to know what makes Africa’s wild life so popular? The fact that the larger species like zebras, hippos, gorillas, chimpanzees and giraffes are creatures that cannot be found anywhere else.
- There is no way you can find language barriers here when you are traveling to Africa. On your travel you will hear a lot of different languages throughout the continent. 2000 recognized languages are spoken here; few include French, Arabic, English and Swahili.
- The Cape Town in Africa was ranked as the number one place to travel by the New York Times because of its architecture, fashion shows, art studios and open houses.
- Lake Victoria here is one of the wonders in Africa being the largest lake here that is the world second largest lake providing with fresh water.
- One main reason why people travel here is to witness and know about the ancient Egypt civilization of the Pharaohs which was one of the longest lasting and oldest civilizations.
- Africa is one of the most underdeveloped and poor countries that accounts with a GDP of 2.4% in global GDP, yet has a lot to look and many places to visit.
- The flora of Africa is richest among the world. There are about 7000 plants in Cape Floral Kingdom covering an area of about 56,000 square miles. According to the source, Cape Town Magazine reported that more that 70% of the plants cannot be found anywhere else in the earth.
- Did you know that approximately half of the diamonds from all over the world comes from the southern and central Africa? Also, three of the world’s largest gold producers (Harmony Gold, Anglo Gold Ashanti and Gold Fields) have their major operations in Africa.
- African elephants being the largest living land animals can weigh up to 6 – 7 tons and can drink almost 160 liters of water every day.
That’s it on Africa Interesting Facts: Top 10 follow us on facebook @ facebook.com/habitariafrica