10 Reason Why You Should Visit Rwanda
- Rwanda is located in East Africa and is situated in the African great lakes region. The republic of Rwanda is bordered by mountains to the west and savanna to the east. Rwanda was colonized by the Germans in 1884 followed by a Belgian regime during the First World War. Things went from bleak to really bad during the Rwandan genocide but have now recovered to a large extent. The economy is majorly supported by subsistence agriculture and tourism.
- The Rwandans are friendly and welcoming; their hospitality is known to all visitors and tourists. The affection and tenderness of their people is quite amazing.
- Rwanda is synonymous with mountains and scenic landscapes and celebrated for its gorgeous national parks, historical and cultural attractions. Kigali (its capital) offers stunning architecture, museums, shopping malls, amazing restaurants and hotels, to mention a few.
- Rwanda is one of the countries that produce tea in Africa. It has hectares of land with tea vegetation, plenty of lush green plantations. Rwanda is famous for its quality of tea. Rwanda’s slopes and caustic soils of highland region, with pleasant climate which makes it easy for plantation growth.
- Virunga Mountains- this is where you see endangered mountain gorillas in close view. The Virunga Mountains borders Volcanoes National Park and Ruwenzori National Park. One can go on Gorilla Safari – gorilla trekking, to have a captivating wildlife encounter, watch gorillas and discover the natural scenery the mountain offers.
- Huye / Butare The major attractions in Butare are TheNational Museum of Rwanda, Ginkoro Genocidal Museum, Huye Market and the National University of Rwanda.
- Rwanda is known for its emphasis on female leadership (it’s the only country to have a female majority in Parliament). Akilah Institute,the only all-female college in East Africa is paving the road for a future generation of female business leaders.
- There is Yego Yoga Rwanda, which partners withbstudios in Butare and Musanze, and offers Zumba, pilates, and yoga classes at cool locations around Kigali.
- Rwandan cuisine brings a whole lot of deliciousness to the table. There is Rwandan meal of rice and beans, the goat meat brochettes (kebabs), matoke (grilled plantains), and isombe (steamed cassava leaves) are local delicacies you can get easily hooked on. For lovers of fish, Lake Kivu and Tanganyika have plenty of tilapia and sambaza (fried sardines) to keep you satisfied.
- Lake Kivu- is the most beautiful lake in the world, with islands to explore, hot springs to relax in, and stunning mountains dropping right to the water’s edge.
- The Rwandan fashion industry is quickly growing, with jewelry and apparel by local designers to fill ones wardrobe for the endless summer.www.fodors.com